Free Public Forum – The Working Future of Newport – Oct. 5th 6-8pm @ Pell School
DATE: Thursday, October 5
LOCATION: Claiborne Pell Elementary School | 35 Dexter Street, Newport, RI.*Ample parking directly across the street from the school.
What Will Be the Jobs in Newport’s Future and Who Will be Qualified to Fill Them? “The Working Future of Newport”
If economic initiatives planned by the City of Newport are successful they will create new opportunities for people trained in 21st-century job skills. What can be done to make sure our residents will be able to meet this challenge?
Here’s an opportunity to learn about The North Side Innovation Hub; Newport’s successful application for the “Working Cities” Grant; Career Tech Programs at Rogers High School, and the OneNewport Outreach to the Newport Community.
• Sarah Atkins, Newport Department of Economic Development and Civic Investment
• Robert Young, Director, Pathways in Technology Early College High School (PTECH) and Newport Area Career and Technical Center (NACTC)
• Kerry Clarke, College and Career Readiness Coordinator, Rogers High School
• Colleen Jermain, Superintendent, Newport Public Schools
• Joe Tomchak, Assistant Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club of Newport County