- Why do Newport’s schools cost so much per pupil compared to neighboring communities?
- Is the tourist industry actually costing Newport money?
- What is the real impact of tax-exempt properties on our city?
- Why increase the number of voting wards in Newport? Why not?
- Would having School Committee members elected from the city’s wards increase the number of candidates?
Do you care what our Municipal Government does next with the Reports of the Charter Review Commission and the Financial Review Committee? Have your opinion heard!
No politics; no fooling. Just straight answers!
Learn about the work of two volunteer groups of Newport citizens charged by the City Municipal Government to review:
1) our “Rules of Government”
2) how the City can SAVE money!
Please join us and bring your questions and comments.
Questions may be sent in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org/
Link to CRC Report
Link to FRC Report
To learn more about The City of Newport Boards and Commissions < click here>
Did you know that all ALN Public Forums are video taped and available publicly for viewing at any time? <click here to view the archive>