The first in a series of public forums sponsored by The Alliance for a Livable Newport – Please JOIN US!
DATE: Tuesday, October 6
LOCATION: Newport Public Library Program Room
WHAT: The Alliance for a Livable Newport to present a community forum featuring Newport’s Department of Public Services (http://www.cityofnewport.com/departments/public-services) which is responsible for maintaining the City’s infrastructure and providing essential services. Following a presentation, members of the department will answer questions from the audience.
Just who is responsible for: Potholes? Parking? Tree cutting? Snowplowing? Beach maintenance? Garbage bins? Graffiti? Street sweeping? Sidewalks? Grass mowing? Traffic control? City basketball courts?
Speakers: William Riccio, Director of Public Services along with
* Scott Wheeler: Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
* William Boardman: City Engineer
* Erik Reis: Beach Manager
* Ed Harrigan: Recreation Administrator
* Maureen McManus: Clean City Coordinator
Public Services Include:
* The Operations Administration Division.
* The Clean City Program manages the collection of solid waste, yard waste, recycling and litter.
* Traffic Control Division installs and maintains all traffic control devices and pavement markings.
* The Streets and Sidewalks Division maintains the streets and sidewalks.
* The Engineering Services Division reviews and inspects all work within the City’s rights of way.
* The Trees, Parks & Grounds Maintenance Division maintains all city parks, athletic fields, historic cemeteries and the Cliff Walk.
* The Facilities Management & Maintenance Division.
* The Vehicle Management Division.